Lovin' the Little Things

Lovin' the Little Things

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Camping at Redfish Lake!


Last week Hunter and I went camping at Redfish Lake with our friends Kaile, Cambria, and Brecken Myrick! We had so much fun! The lake water was crystal clear and the mountains were beautiful. It was FREEZING at night and HOT HOT HOT during the day. Since it was so hot we thought it would be a great idea to go play in the lake that was basically glacier runoff. IT WAS FREEZING! The water was so cold but we refused to be hot, sitting in the sun all day. Lucky for us we found Sunbeam Hot Springs! They were the coolest ones I've ever seen. The hot spring flowed into a river and there were huge rocks that enclosed the hot water. Since the river water was flowing in as well the water was the perfect temperature.

We all got sunburnt but I think I got it the worst. I woke up one day and my bottom lip was swollen. It looked like I got punched in the mouth. We found out later when my lips started to scab that it was because they were so burnt! What?! Thanks for nothing, sunscreen! Now I'm in recovery mode and I'm peeling like an onion!  Oh, and the best part is I wore sunglasses and now I have a raccoon face!

We had a great time and being able to take a break and relax was fantastic! We can't wait to go back!






If that face doesn't make you smile, then I don't know what will! Brecken was such a trooper!

3 comments:

  1. Yay for posting about our first annual Myrick/Carlson Family Reunion! We had such a great time and I miss your face like crazy! Brecken is so cute if I do say so myself...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are so cute!! Looks like you had a BLAST!!!! BTW...LOVED the voice mail...ill get on that really fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cambria, I MISS YOU!! I also uploaded our pictures to facebook but I didn't get around to tagging all of them.

    Jamie, WE ARE SO EXCITED!!! I told Hunter that all of the boys probably told you to do the same so his name will be something like Hunter Sean Nick Brady Mark Jimenez. It flows... :)

    ReplyDelete