Lovin' the Little Things

Lovin' the Little Things

Thursday, August 18, 2011

2 Timothy

  1. 2 Timothy 1/Moroni 8-9
  • Both Paul and Mormon share their testimonies of the Lord and share that they pray diligently for Timothy and Moroni, respectively. They both speak of the power and glory of God and how they need to be faithful.
  • When Paul speaks to Timothy, he brings up the faith of his mother and his grandmother, I think he did this because he wanted Timothy to see the legacy of faith that was left in his family. I think that Paul wanted him to see that he was raised in a family where God is present. I feel like this was said to give Timothy a feeling of calmness and allow for a willingness s to be as faithful as his predecessors.
  • Paul talked about the “spirit of fear” and told him that this is not something that we were given by God, but that he gave him power, love, and a sound mind. He wants Timothy to not have fear but to be faithful and to work using the tools that the Lord has given him. This counsel can help me in my own life by reminding me that as it states in Phillippians 4:13 “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.” I can attain my highest potential by doing the will of the Lord.
      2. 2 Timothy 1
  • Paul loved and blessed the house of Onesiphorus because they were very hospitable toward him and they were not ashamed of him.
  • Paul blessed him with mercy from the Lord because of his faith.
  • In order to receive the same blessing today, I would need to be full of service or having the willingness to serve whenever an opportunity arose in order to take care of my fellowmen.
  • The books of Matthew and Jacob help us to understand the “chain” that is spoken of in 2 Timothy be sharing that the chain is like a yoke or cross, which signifies the yoke of the Lord and his gospel and teachings.  


No comments:

Post a Comment